Re: RFC: OP cheating

>With regard to the stealing of +o which was mentioned earlier. If it was
>made possible to issue a mode command like
>  MODE #IAmALuser +o Null!robert@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>we would have solved that quite easily. Of course, this is something like
>the double amount of data transmitted for the average user, but wouldn't
>be a problem at all on netheals (since we have ^Go).
Hmm... why? just thinking, since each server keeps a record of the clients
anyways, why not let the server do this?
I mean, changing a (client-generated)
        MODE [#&+]channel +[ov] nick
        MODE [#&+]channel +[ov] nick!user@host
?
That shouldn't be too hard to implement, and wouldn't change anything on the
client-side.
	-forcer