Re: autoconnect again

On Oct 13, Helmut Springer wrote:
| at the moment it is impossible to coordinate autoconnect of two servers A
| and B to a third one C since the timers on A and B are not synchronized.
|
| let'S say I set connection interval for connections to C on A to 5min and
| on B to 12min.  so A checks all 5min, B all 12min but since it's random
| when A and B start counting it is unpredictable which one will autoconenct
| first to C after C splits.
|
| what we need would be to reset the timers at the split of C on both A
| and B to '0', than A will try after 5min and again after 10min and if
| it fails both times B will try 12min after the split.

this means that for every single SQUIT received, each server
scans all its configuration. (and the configuration can be a
really long linked list. `wc -l ircd.conf`)

if A and C are connected for more than 5 minutes, and a
split between them occurs, A will attempt to reconnect to C
after 10 seconds, otherwise after whatever connect frequency
you have defined.

| with that we could configure some redundant autoconnects without the
| risk of wasted hops.

If you want A to have priority on B for the connection to C,
doesn't it mean that if A & B are connected, B should never
try to connect to C? in which case it might just be a matter
of putting A & C in the same class on B

or you could have C connect to A & B

I know that I did not give any good answer, but it isn't the
simple problem you might think it is.