Compilation problems on BSDi 3.0

Hello. I've successfully compiled 2.9.2p3 on a server
running BSDi 2.1. Unfortunately, the system got
"upgraded" to BSDi 3.0. Now, I get the following error
messages during the final gcc which should output
ircd:

../ircd/res_comp.c:91: Definition of symbol _dn_expand
(multiply defined)

also for _dn_comp, ___dn_skipname, __getshort,
__getlong, ___putshort, and ___putlong; and,
naturally,

res_comp.o: Definition of symbol __getshort (multiply
defined)

also for the above-mentioned symbols.

Does anyone know a work-around for this? Sorry if this
has been asked before; I've been allowing messages to
pile up and may have missed it.

Regards,
Alex