Re: connecting from a virtual interface

On Mon, 11 Aug 1997, Christophe Kalt wrote:

> On Aug 11, Robert Martin-Legene wrote:
> | DKnet uses a vif for irc.dknet.dk (IRCnet) - it seems to me that upon
> | initiating a connection it doesn't bind() to the vif it has been assigned
> | prior to calling connect().
> |   This gives the TCP stream the address of the ethernet interface, which
> | is very unfortunate.
> |
> | Any hints or fixes? :-)
>
> the answer is in the doc,
> you need to specify the IP address you want to be used for
> outbound connections in the M line.

Like this?:	M:irc.dknet.dk:*:DKnet A/S, Copenhagen, Denmark::

...if so, nope - doesn't work :-/

What i think Robert is trying to say is that ircd connect()'s before
bind()'ing - or possibly that it doesn't bind() at all?

/bobby

-- Bobby Billingsley, Backbone Manager, DKnet A/S - http://www.DK.net/~bobby --
                                                     ..vrooOOMMmm...   =_ /\`o,
                                                                       (_)7-(_)