Re: Trouble Compilng Ircd

> much luck. I'm running Red Hat Linux (2.0.30). It build ircd just fine, and
> it starts to compile irc just fine, but when it gets to trying to actually
> link all the files into irc, it gives me the following error message:
> ld: cannot open -lcurses: no such file or directory

Linux typically doesn't have curses library, but it has ncurses.
You can fix that linking error by changing the IRCLIBS line
in Makefile into: IRCLIBS=-lncurses -ltermcap
The next release will handle ncurses systems properly by default.

> My understanding is that this part is just for the actual irc client? (I
> hope) If this is the case, I don't really need it as I'm only interested in
> running the server, but it would be nice to understand where that error

Right, it's the irc(1) client program. It is not required if
you only plan to run the server.

--
<A HREF="http://www.lut.fi/~ruokonen/";> Vesa.Ruokonen@xxxxxx </A>