Re: question...

On Jul 09, Zachary Maas wrote:
| What causes the following &ERRORS message? :
|
| *** &ERRORS Cannot accept connections
|     irc.aimnet.com[0.0.0.0@*.6667]:Protocol error

Are your errors always on the same port, or do they appear
on several ports at the same time?

It could be many things.  You shouldn't see too many of
these.  It most likely happens when someone connect to your
server and close the connection before you accept() it.

This can be especially visible if your port is heavily
loaded since ircd is "slow" accepting connections.  (Unless
you have #undef SLOW_ACCEPT, which can be seen as a solution
to the problem except it won't help much because the client
closed and thus didn't seem to want to stay connected.)

| I defined SUN_GSO_BUG also when i last talked about this with someone on
| #eu-opers since they said it would help?

SUN_GSO_BUG is an old define which should only be useful on
OLD unpatched SunOS 4.x systems.

Christophe