Re: NOTE

Hi,

you (Christophe Kalt) wrote:

| afair, note is just some kind of intelligent ISON
| which,

far too 'intelligent' for my taste...

| at least in the old times, respected invisible mode,
| as well as +sp.

I've played around with it a bit. As far as i can see, it does (among
other things):

- allow every luser to see the disconnects/connects of every other user
  within the same domain.tld (e.g. i could see all disconns/conns from
  *.snafu.de)

- allow the same for nick changes but only if the victim is not set +i

- allow every oper to see those things for every hostmask up to *.tld
  (didn't check if +i is respected when the spyer is an oper)

And it does also display when a victime joins/leaves a channel (altho i
don't know under which circumstances this does/doesn't work).

Anyway, IMHO NOTE is nothing but a toy (to say the least) which doesn't
have anything to do with chatting. And it doesn't respect the users'
privacy, which is evil. :-(

| I don't even know who maintain/s/ed it.

I suppose that either Jarle Lyngaas (aka Wizible) <jarlel@xxxxxxxxx> is
still maintaining it or does at least know who is maintaining it now.

At least, one should overthink if NOTE is really needed (i, for example,
have never used it before since i don't see anything useful in it).

Bye, Kasi

--
Kaspar Landsberg, <kl@xxxxxxxxxxx>