Re: Info on writing Services

On May 2, Alex N. Ibrado wrote:
| Hello! I've successfully set up 2.9.2p2 and was wondering where to get
| more info on writing services, e.g. S-lines, what commands can and
| cannot be sent, etc. I've scoured the usual sources, but nada. Can you
| guys help?

sources are still the best source for info.
include/service.h & ircd/s_service.c

Little information is available in the doc/INSTALL file, and
the FAQ (http://www.stealth.net/~kalt/irc/faq.html).

The FAQ has a skeleton example written in perl.

Capabilities of services are still not clearly defined, and
they are slightly different in 2.9.3 (still beta).

Hope This helps.

Christophe